Loony Tunes Play the Cardinal Sins
- I realized...
- What really bothered me was very simple! I was afraid of powerful sex. When I was young, I saw (and heard) powerful displays of sexuality that I didn't believe I could live up to. Please see: Lust
- Acting out of fear...
- I tempted the very thing I was afraid of just to see if I would measure up, and when I was defeated, I mocked the injustice, and demanded to be heard. Even when what I said was life threatening, I carried on completely unaware of how damaging I'd become. So I've written some new boundaries, and a plan here: Consent, Boundaries & Treatment Plans
- When The Fates demanded satisfaction, I declined the opportunity. Sometimes the motivation for my behavior amounted to nothing more than sizing up the competition; to avoid being bested by size or strength, I'd try to determine whether a rival was a real threat or not. For more detail on this specific problem, please see: Transposions, second column 'The Evaluating Mind' (Transpositions)
- While scheming as a mistrustful child, I blindly followed instructions sure to lead to my ruination, and then wondered why I was being hurt. Please see: Retrospective
- I had to ask for help...
- I found options and alternatives that work, and the value of the rights and responsibilities that I've been shown have served not only me, but those I've been able to help as well. I describe a lay implementation of those rights here: Bill of Rights
- And that it works...
- To know exactly what fails in life, and to give back to those who suffer the same fate, or to those who suffer with injuries that result. What's to come: Coming Soon!
I've addressed this problem in greater detail below. It was my core issue and resulted in challenges of all kinds throughout my life, but it is central to all living things to recreate themselves, and to try to stop or control the juggernaught of life requires practice in disciplines as diverse as modern medicine, law and religion to name just a few. I found comfort in the Creation Story and scripture in general, and found meeting with others to discuss my anxiety and reactions really helped! Here are some of the places I've tried: Bible Studies and Meetings
Lust, usually thought of as intense, unbridled sexual desire can also mean fervent desire in general, such as lust for money or power. The point is that it is a form of selfishness that has damaging consequences, and indulgence of these kinds detracts from more meaningful opportunities to be loving and intimate - among other things.
One of the most difficult problems I had was based upon another deadly sin: Acedia, or the failure to do what needs to be done. Because the use of labels resulted in Despair, I gave up on a competitive life, and I failed to do what I needed to do on my own (Acedia). My self-esteem plummeted, and as I lost faith in myself, my lack of confidence eroded my ability to use my talents - resulting in (Sloth). Had it not been for the mercy of you, God, and others, I really would have died. Please see: Step Primer.
These really are deadly sins! If we cannot get our needs met for whatever reason, we have to rely upon you and the mercy of others or we will perish. Please see: Resources
Anger is one of the most damaging emotions and is extremely hard to live with, both as an angry person, and as a witness or victim of anger, so this one needs serious attention to avoid. In addition to being painful, law enforcement and others such as counselors in the health care industry can and will restrict our liberties and/or use drugs and conditioning to prevent us from the opportunity to do harm. And, duress, and sanctions such as these alone can actually create a crisis by preventing us from being able to make full use of our talents.
Wrath, or uncontrolled feelings of anger, rage, and hatred, reveals itself in the desire to seek vengeance, plotting, hate and resistance - or the failure to cooperated that can damage for centuries. While Bugs sometimes wins, his fighting never seems to end! Please try Self Examination if the exercise in Problem Solving found below hasn't worked for you!
Obtaining food when I'm poor can be a challenge. I wore out my welcome at soup kitchens, and suffered damages from an assault while on my way to eat there.
The overindulgence and overconsumption of anything, (in this case meaning to gulp down or swallow excessive amounts of food), is considered wrong if the resulting lack causes it to be withheld from the needy. If you're needy, please feel free to make use of the soup kitchens and food shelves in the area, but do what you can to give back, and don't go there if you don't need to. I put together a list of emergency food sources in the area that work hard to do so safely, and should be able to supply the average person with enough backup to make ends meet without daily reliance on Supper Clubs.
A few years ago, I was introduced to a Billionaire by way of an investment agreement from his agent. Unfortunately, interference with our efforts to finalize the agreement became an international nightmare, and I've been compromised by trying to complete the intent of our agreement without the financing.
Currently, there may be many who believe I have access to the assets - or will soon, so the intensity of the harassment and ambition I am accustomed to has become escalated. The assets may even have ended up in the wrong hands due to the transparant nature of my business, crime, or even misrepresentation, so I continued with my primary focus and return to the work I know best: Web Development
My experience with this is not unusual. I was completely unaware of what was troubling other members of my family, I didn't realize that some of the tasks I was required to perform were disturbing, and difficult for others to live with, and while medicated, the effort to determine what really motivated these conflicts made matters worse. Please see: Historical Treatments. I knew something was wrong, but I didn't sort it out in time.
False pride and medications blinded me to the various forms of investigation that were being used. When questioned about things subtly, and with tact that I admire today, I was oblivious to the true nature of the line of questioning and the severity of the allegations I was dealing with. While I was proud of being instrumental in starting movements among other things, others were annoyed with the methods I used obliviously to accomplish these things. Again, Loony Tunes demonstrates the consequences of this kind of behavior really well in the character of Foghorn Leghorn, and I had to return to my Self Examination.